Creating a Healthy Workplace
|Promoting good health is important in the workplace because, in business, people are the most valuable asset. Healthy, engaged employees show improved job performance and productivity and taking care of staff can help reduce sickness absence, high turnover levels and low morale. Healthy employees can be up to three times more productive than those in poor health.
The average employee spends over a third of their waking hours at work, making the workplace an ideal place to help people make positive lifestyle changes and create a more engaged and productive workforce.
There are many simple and easy ways you can support your employees to improve their health and the health of your business.
Healthy Peterborough’s Workplace Health Service helps employers to develop a co-ordinated, planned and sustained programme to improve the health and wellbeing of their workforce. Public Health in Peterborough work in partnership with Living Sport, the local County Sport Partnership to deliver our funded workplace health Service for Peterborough employers.
We can help you with the following:
- Training and supporting Workplace Health Champions who will develop and support health and wellbeing activities
- Support to identify and train Workplace health champions who are then able to drive in-house health campaigns
- Provide mental health training and ongoing support through our networks
- Provide support for policy development and its implementation
- Sign post employers to health partners who can support on-site health and wellbeing events
- Access to the WorkHealthy website, which will have up-to-date information on staying healthy at work and is also a great way to find out about local services that can support you and your employees
- Provide free access to ongoing wellbeing networks to support employer wellbeing leads and health champions to keep them updated on the latest good practice
- To provide free access to the workplace challenge web portal to support employees physical wellbeing