Minor Illness and Injury Unit
Minor injury units and walk-in centres are urgent care centres. They offer convenient access to treatment for a range of minor illnesses and injuries.
Conditions that can be treated at Urgent Care Centres include:
- x-rays on weekdays (see link below for details)
- wounds – cuts and bruises (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- bites – human, insect and animal
- minor burns and scalds
- muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- sports injuries
- emergency contraception
- eye problems e.g. removal of foreign bodies, conjunctivitis
- earache (patients aged two years and over)
- cystitis (not children or male patients)
- minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness).
Minor Illness and Injury Unit (MIIU):
The Peterborough MIIU can treat minor injuries and illnesses from strains and sprains, to broken bones, minor burns and bites. It is often unnecessary to make a trip to A&E when you can easily be treated here, with your local pharmacist or GP. The MIIU also aims to start patient treatment within 45 minutes.
City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB
Tel: 01733 847100
Further details, including up to date opening hours, are here